On Tuesday evening, the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) hosted an event, “Why Criminal Justice Matters“, at which a panel of industry experts (plus me) discussed the plight of the criminal justice system, and what can be done to remedy its failings.
The discussion was chaired by Joshua Rozenberg QC, and the panel featured:
- Penelope Gibbs, Founder of Transform Justice
- Angela Rafferty QC, Chair of the Criminal Bar Association
- Jonathan Black, Partner at BSB Solicitors
- Nazir Afzal, Former Chief Crown Prosecutor for Northwest England at the Crown Prosecution Service
- Me, via live Twitter feed.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable event, and I am extremely grateful to all concerned for their participation and support. Tickets sold out quickly, I’m told, but for anybody who wasn’t present and didn’t catch the live-stream, the event can be watched for free here: